After retiring from a 42-year teaching career, Alsobrook jumped into the dulcimer world with both feet, as an instructor at dulcimer retreats and a workshop leader at festivals. She also offers private lessons to individuals in the surrounding area.
November 3-4, 2018
Barberville Country Jamboree
Leading a Dulcimer Workshop, a Singing in the Round Workshop, and the Dulcimer Jam
November 9-10, 2018
Stephen Foster Dulcimer Retreat
Dulcimer Instructor and Jam Leader
January 3-6, 2019
Dulcimer U Winter Weekend
April 6-7, 2019
Barberville Spring Frolic
Workshop and Jam Leader
- Dulcimer U Week – instructor, turtle jam and evening session leader
- Stephen Foster Dulcimer Retreat – instructor and jam leader
- Florida Folk Festival – workshop and jam leader; Children’s Dulcimer “Petting Zoo”
- Barberville Folk Festival – workshop and jam leader
- Melrose Dulcimer Club – monthly jam leader
I am willing to come to your club! Here is a list of my fun theme-based workshops. In addition to the fun collection of songs, the workshop participant will receive specific instruction on use of chord/melody playing, using a capo, and using a variety of techniques to smooth out playing. Content within each workshop offering may be modified for the level needed.
- All Aboard! – Everyone’s repertoire needs a few train songs, so climb aboard!
- “Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt” – River songs…including River of Dreams, Down the River I go, Sandy Boys, and more!
- Front Porch Favorites – Inspired by songs of the “Singing Family of the Cumberlands,” this workshop offers fun tunes that last for generations!
- In a Jam? – Are you jam challenged? Have no fear…with a few jam essentials, you’ll be on your way!
- Mash-Ups – Just like the Doublemint commercial of yester-year, this workshop offers TWO…TWO…TWO SONGS IN ONE! Come if you dare!
- ROUNDS…Fun…Together…Now! – Attending this workshop can be contagious! Learn a few new rounds to play or to sing with friends.
- Something’s Fishy – Grab your rod and reel…or your dulcimer and enjoy the catch of the day!
- Taize – Not familiar with Taize worship music? Originally from a monastery in France, these peaceful, meditative songs can enhance any worship service OR simply be enjoyed at any time. Short songs, repeated again and again, give it a meditative character.
- You Rock! This promises to be a class that really rocks…including “Rock the Cradle Joe,” “Red Rocking Chair,” and more rockin’ tunes.