Melrose Jams are usually the 2nd Saturday of the month.
To find tunes from previous months – Tune of the Month Archive
APRIL TUNE OF THE MONTH
ScarboroughFair – DAC
I first learned this sweet tune on the mountain dulcimer at the the first Central Florida Autoharp and Dulcimer Festival (Mt. Dora), in a Maddy MacNeil workshop.
Maddy was a delightful person, with a lovely voice and a delicate touch on the dulcimer. I had the occasion to have several workshops with her, including a week-long class at the precursor to what is now Dulcimer U, Mount Dora, Unicoi, and Stephen Foster Dulcimer Retreat. She will be missed!
Next Melrose Jam???
Watch here for updates!
For now…enjoy playing your dulcimer at home!
Melrose Homemakers Club
25728 Park Street Melrose, Florida
- 5:00pm: arrive to tune-up/warm-up/new songs?
- 6:30pm: “official” jam begins
- 7:15pm-ish: Potluck Dinner
- After dinner – jamming continues
- $2 house fee (for Historic Melrose, Inc.)
SCENES FROM OUR 2nd SATURDAY JAM:
Are you curious about what’s played at our jam sessions? Here are some of the tunes played at recent jams.
- Amazing Grace
- Angelina Baker
- Bile them Cabbage Down (of course!)
- Bonaparte’s Retreat
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
- Cluck Old Hen
- Crooked Ridge
- Cucharin’s Cross
- Down in the Valley
- Farther Along
- Goin’ to Boston
- Grey Cat on a Tennessee Farm
- Happy Land
- Liza Jane
- Mississippi Sawyer
- Old Yeller Dog
- Ole Joe Clark
- Rosin the Beau
- Sally Slapped me with a Flounder
- Sandy Boys
- Sandy River Belle
- Scotland the Brave
- Shortnin’ Bread
- Soldier’s Joy
- Spotted Pony
- Sugar Hill
- Whiskey Before Breakfast
- Wildwood Flower
- and what ever anyone calls in out jam circle!